The program was very detailed and well planned/organized. There was a strong emphasis on safety for students as well as teachers. Creativity and finding your own teaching style was also welcomed and encouraged. The variety of classes kept things exciting as well as helping to foster a diverse learning program. The staff was WONDERFUL and truly contributed to my great experience!
Basic Intensive Yoga Training Program
Courses featuring this program
There are no active courses currently. Contact us to get the latest information on course dates and locations.
Our 2 week introductory course is an intensive yoga program including an in depth study of the theory and practice of Yoga. Specially designed for beginners in Yoga along with experienced practitioners who feel they lack knowledge in some areas of the great science of Yoga.
The course is divided into two components:
- Intensive training program with extensive physical practice
- Intensive theoretical program including lectures and workshops on Yoga philosophy, anatomy and biomechanics of Yoga, traditional practices of Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga and Ayurveda.
Depending on preferences and experience of each participant, you can outline the goals of the Intensive course:
- In a short period of time students will receive a variety of yogic practices from primary sources to modern techniques.
- Students will be comprehensively acquainted with the basic concepts of yoga and provide a clear understanding of yoga practice and its purposes, as well as to form a clear view of the physical and mental effects of the practices (recommended for beginners).
The first goal of the course is to have experienced practitioners eager to try new practices and obtain a deep insight into the Yoga system with a like-minded team.
The second goal will be extremely useful for inexperienced students seeking to know the of the art and science of Yoga.
The structure of the Yoga intensive course and subjects
There will be an in depth intense practical portion, accompanied by a detailed theoretical part.
The practical module consists of two Asana classes daily.
The practical module will be cover:
- Asana (setting, alignment, sequence, structural therapy, intensive practice in the flow)
- Shatkarma (classical practice of cleansing the body and mind)
- Concentration techniques and meditation (Raja Yoga)
The theoretical portion consists of daily lectures by four teachers in the following subjects:
- Yoga Philosophy (Samkhya cosmogony, singularity and duality in yoga, analysis of the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, and the theory of samskaras)
- Anatomy and biomechanics of Yoga (the musculoskeletal system of Yoga, structural analysis, structural therapy)
- Subtle energy in Yoga (five energy bodies, chakras, nadis, Kundalini, tantric cosmogony)
- Basics of Ayurveda (doshas, gunas, race, Prakriti, vikriti, ayurvedic constitution, Ayurvedic lifestyle, Ayurvedic diet, treatment of physical and mental disorders)
It is necessary to specify that the volume of the material and class topics will be at the judgment of the instructor according to the general level of understanding of the group. Of course, the priority of the Academy is to provide the maximum amount of material possible, however, the acquisition of knowledge and quality of teaching are more important than amount of topics covered. Therefore, it is likely that not all of the stated topics will be covered as some portion may take longer durations of time for students to completely understand.
To learn the course as efficiently as possible, the Academy administrators will monitor the effectiveness of exploration program and assign additional hours for consultation if necessary.
All participants of this intensive yoga course will receive an international certificate of participation.
Textbooks, teaching materials, books for participants
All study materials will be given free of charge for all participating students.
- Original textbook "Asana biomechanics," a detailed description of all key asanas. In the description of asanas contains instructions for performing the proper alignment, the asana focus-points, involved muscles, possible contraindications, and therapeutic effect.
After-school programs, activities
Besides studying we will have extra activities. The course program includes:
- 16 km river rafting trip on the rapids of the Ganges
- Trips to the sacred and beautiful places around Rishikesh (among them: the mountain temple Nilkant on the spot where, according to tradition, Shiva drank poison for the sins of mankind. We will also visit the cave of the sage Vashisht, the founder of Kriya Yoga
- Fire ceremony on the banks of the Ganges
- Meetings, discussions, workshops with very interesting people
…And much more! Let some things remain a surprise!
Entertaining activities will be carried out three times a week, that is, almost every second day!
Code of yoga
Students must have adequate physical and mental health in order to successfully complete this Yoga-intensive. If you have any health problems or illnesses, let us know in advance and we can design an individual program if necessary.
Participation in the course signifies your agreement to follow the basic rules of ethical behavior. By subscribing to our course, you agree not to take any toxic substances including alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. In this course, you agree to abide by the principles of honesty, non-violence, awareness, introspection and compassion for all living beings, the pursuit of knowledge and dedication to our studies. You also need to attend all classes and follow a daily routine, including the morning wake up time and evening lights out bed time.
Duration of yoga intensive course
The intensive course lasts two weeks or 14 days total. From Monday to Saturday classes according to the schedule below. On Sunday there is a special program.
- Morning practical module (asana Shatkarma, p ranayama) - 2 hours
- Breakfast *
- Lunch *
- Theoretical module - 1-2 hour
- Evening practical module (asana) - 2 hours
* If you do not plan to eat at the Academy, please plan your meals according to the schedule.