This is the most suitable program for students if you are looking:
- To attain the knowledge and skills in Yoga to develop your own practice,
- To be thoroughly acquainted with Yoga under the guidance of Indian well-known Yoga instructors,
- To fill the gaps in understanding of Yoga as a holistic system
This 4-week course is the most comprehensive program of Yoga studies in India for those who want to explore the depths of Yoga, to lay a solid foundation for personal practice, and to achieve a full understanding of the yoga system and its integrity, as well as to understand in detail the technical aspects of yogic practice.
The course covers all the basic subjects of Yoga along with additional more advanced practices including: Shatkarma, philosophy, Asana, Pranayama, along with techniques of concentration and meditation (Raja Yoga). The course will also include techniques of breathing and voice, anatomy and physiology, biomechanics and kinesiology, fundamentals of Ayurveda, restorative yoga techniques, subtle energies in Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Iyengar Yoga, Yin Yoga, Acro Yoga, Yoga Nidra, structural setting, and manual techniques in Yoga and Yoga history.
You will not find a more qualified teaching faculty. Our teaching staff consists of 12 Indian and international instructors, most of whom have an academic degree in the field of Yoga, long experience working with international students and many years of experience teaching Yoga in India and abroad.
This course is in the core program of our teacher training course. To obtain a first qualifying degree after completion of this course, one must demonstrate an adequate level of understanding in their practice and teaching methods to pass the teaching practicum and certification, after which, entry-level Yoga can be taught. Qualifying students of the intensive course considerably exceeds the basic requirements for an ordinary practitioner.
Above all the advantages of this program is that our students will have an absolute, integral and indivisible vision of Yoga as a system of techniques and knowledge, consistent with personal goals and circumstances of the practitioner. At the end of this program, the student, through their own experience will be able to explain the essence of Yoga and to formulate a methodology of personal Yoga practice to achieve personal goals.
This course can be taken repeatedly. Rest assured you will be discovering something new each time. Our 28-day yoga intensive course is a sort of “jump start” in the specialized professional and semi-professional courses in Yoga, as well as a training program for entry-level yoga teachers, for the development of personal practice and creating one’s own vision of yoga.
The structure of the yoga intensive course and subjects
- Asana (setting, alignment, sequence, structural therapy, intensive practice in the flow)
- Pranayama (classical technique and little-known Himalayan practice)
- Shatkarma (classical practice of cleansing the body and mind)
- Concentration techniques and meditation (Raja Yoga)
- Yoga Philosophy (Samkhya cosmogony, singularity and duality in yoga, analysis of the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali, and the theory of samskaras)
- Anatomy and biomechanics of Yoga (the musculoskeletal system of yoga, structural analysis, structural therapy)
- Biomechanics and kinesiology of yoga
- Injury prevention (principles of injury, trauma, and the most popular methods of prevention, the principles of correct operation of the body)
- Techniques of developing breathing and voice
- Restorative yoga techniques
- Subtle energy in yoga (five energy bodies, chakras, nadi, Kundalini, tantric cosmogony)
- Basics of Ayurveda (doshas, gunas, race, Prakriti, vikriti, ayurvedic constitution, Ayurvedic lifestyle, Ayurvedic diet, treatment of physical and mental disorders)
- The structural setting of yoga asanas
- History of yoga
Separate modules are available covering brand new styles of Yoga including: Iyengar Yoga, Acro Yoga, as well as a series of classes on Yoga Nidra—probably the most popular to date the technique of psycho-physical balance. [By the way,] Our Yoga Nidra classes at the Academy are taught by a direct student of Swami Satyananda Saraswati, the author of Yoga Nidra.
It is necessary to specify that the volume of the material and class topics will be at the judgment of the instructor according to the general level of understanding of the group. Of course, the priority of the Academy is to provide the maximum amount of material possible, however, the acquisition of knowledge and quality of teaching are more important than amount of topics covered. Therefore, it is likely that not all of the stated topics will be covered as some portion may be take longer durations of time for students to completely understand.
To learn the course as efficiently as possible, the Academy administrators will monitor the effectiveness of exploration program and assign additional hours for consultation if necessary.
All participants of this intensive yoga course will receive an international certificate of participation.
Textbooks, teaching materials, books for participants
All study materials will be given free of charge for all participating students.
- Original textbook "Asana biomechanics," a detailed description of all key Asanas. In the description of Asanas contains instructions for performing the proper alignment, the asana focus-points, involved muscles, possible contraindications, and therapeutic effect.
After-school programs, activities
Besides studying we will have extra activities. The course program includes:
- 16 km river rafting trip on the rapids of the Ganges
- Concerts of Indian classical music
- Trips to the sacred and beautiful places around Rishikesh (among them: the mountain temple Nilkant on the spot where, according to tradition, Shiva drank poison for the sins of mankind. We will also visit the cave of the sage Vashisht, the founder of Kriya Yoga
- Fire ceremony on the banks of the Ganges
- Meetings, discussions, workshops with very interesting people
... And much more! Let some things remain a surprise!
Entertaining activities will be carried out three times a week, that is, almost every second day!
Code of yoga
Students must have adequate physical and mental health in order to successfully complete this Yoga-intensive. If you have any health problems or illnesses, let us know in advance and we can design an individual program if necessary.
Participation in the course signifies your agreement to follow the basic rules of ethical behavior. By subscribing to our course, you agree not to take any toxic substances including alcohol, tobacco and other drugs. In this course, you agree to abide by the principles of honesty, non-violence, awareness, introspection and compassion for all living beings, the pursuit of knowledge and dedication to our studies. You also need to attend all classes and follow a daily routine, including the morning wake up time and evening lights out bed time.
Duration of yoga intensive course
The intensive course lasts two weeks or 28 days total. From Monday to Saturday classes according to the schedule below. On Sunday there is a special program.